How to Get More Energy in Your Life
Are you feeling run down? Maybe the fast pace of your life leaves you wanting to crawl into bed as soon as possible when you get home. Here are some ways to get more energy into your life right now.
Sometimes you wish there were more than twenty-four hours in a day. You can’t seem to get everything done. Could the problem be your energy levels? What once took about an hour to do now seems to take longer because your heart just doesn’t seem to be in it.
What you need is an energy boost. Here are some ways that you can increase energy and get more out of your life each day.
- Change your diet – You could be eating the wrong foods. To gain energy, try to eat more antioxidant-rich foods. Antioxidants fight stress which is known to sap your energy. Also try high fiber foods. It will clean your digestive tract giving you pep in your step.
- Vary your routine – Doing the same thing every day can become mundane. Walk the stairs instead of taking the elevator. Drive home by a different route each day. Breaks in the daily grind can give you a refreshed attitude.
- Exercise – Exercise releases endorphins. These are the body’s “feel good” pills. You will get a burst of energy and maintain a healthy weight in the process. Exercise also helps you to sleep better.
- Sleep – We always think of sleep last of all. But, it is sleep that helps us get set for the next day. During sleep the body rejuvenates and repairs itself. Try to get eight hours a night. When you shorten your sleep cycle, you could be shortening your life span overall. Without proper rest, the body is sluggish to begin with.
- Drink water – Dehydration can lead to a loss of energy. Each person needs at least eight glasses of water each day. You can step that up and increase your energy levels.
- Try caffeine – Caffeine is not recommended in all situations but you can use it to fight occasional slumps in your day. Try a cup of strong coffee or a caffeinated soda to help you recover.
- Take a power nap – Everyone’s talking about them. Especially after lunch, the body needs a little break to get going again. Instead of fighting it, give in. Taking a ten or fifteen minute power nap can help your brain refocus and remain alert for the rest of the day.
- Take a walk – We already talked about exercise. This is a walk at lunch or to the water cooler to give your body a jolt. A little light conversation can help you get back on track.
What is sapping your energy today? Try these suggestions to get going again even in the middle of the day.